Curiosity, Imagination, History, Language Morals
- Reading a fairytale can spark a child's curiosity about unknown times, mysterious places and colorful characters, while engaging their minds in complex plots and story lines.
- Stories are filled with action, mystery, unknown lands and heroes and their quest to find good over evil – all of which engage a child's imagination.
- Many fairytales evolved from historical stories of long ago introducing legends, chronicles of travel, descriptions of lands far away and important people from long ago.
- The reading of fairytales helps children to develop language and vocabulary skills as they hear stories repeated over time.
- Morals and values are introduced to children often through simple or silly characters that kids can relate to.
Now check out my Book Review for another helpful tool about reading fairytales!