Wondering where "lost" homework assignments go or why your child's book order never seems to make it home? Are you constantly in search of the PTA newsletter or lunch menu that school sends home? Is your child starving as soon as you pick them up from school, all the while assuring you that they ate their whole lunch? Are jackets leaving your house, never to be seen until school is out for summer?
The mystery may just reside in the bottom of your child's backpack!
Friday Backpack Dumping serves 5 important purposes:
1) Everything contained in that backpack sees the light of day every single Friday.
2) Parents are sure to unearth lost paperwork, book orders, jackets, food products & newsletters along with school assignments that were never turned in.
3) Mom & dad will have a quick understanding of what part of lunch their child is or is not really eating at school.
4) Parents highlight for their child the need to be organized by enforcing the dump, search & find process.
5) Families establish a "cleansing behavior" which encourages kids to be more responsible for what they bring to and from school.
Try it out next Friday.
I'll bet you'll be surprised by what you find!
· Homework Hang-Ups
· Parent/teacher Conferences: What Every Parent & Teacher Should Know
· The Bully Maze Finding A Way Out
· Bath, Book & Bed: Creating A Peaceful Bedtime Experience For You & Your Child